Always FREE SHIPPING with your purchase of over $100 before taxes
No Tax Charge for purchases outside of California
Pregnancy Photo Advice
Firstly congratulations on your pregnancy! It is such an amazing time in a woman’s life, the changes a body can go through to create another human being is truly spectacular. Your curves grow and you feel beautiful as you progress through this amazing experience.
It’s so important to document this special time in your life, if you decide to snap your own pictures at home or hire a professional to do it – the results will always amaze you and you’ll look back on the images with fond memories forever.
Whatever you decide here’s a few tips on how to feel and look your best in the photographs;
- The best time to photograph your baby belly is around 7-8 months, although you can start documenting as early as 3 months. At this later stage you have a gorgeous bump with fab curves to match but haven’t hit the fatigue & swelling zone of the last few weeks of pregnancy yet!
- Consider upfront where your comfort zone is - are you happy to be photographed with a naked belly or are you more comfortable being clothed – there is no right or wrong way. Try to remember that tho you may feel bigger you are still one beautiful mama-to-be and flaunt your curves!
- Involve your partner and family, or a meaningful object in the sessions – they are a huge part of your pregnancy too and you’ll treasure the images more so for them being included.
- Be comfortable in your choice of clothing, but wear something that allows your curves and belly outline to be seen. Neutral toned logo free clothes, open shirts and draped fabrics with texture all look great in photographs.
- Keep your make up light and your body & bump moisturized and free from elastic marks if you plan on showing it off!
- Try different poses and positions but don’t hunch over your belly as it will make you look squat - stretch yourself out, stand proud and feel beautiful!
- Finally Black and White is best for flattering timeless shots! Color mages will show too many imperfections.
Samantha Howe has over a decade of experience photographing pregnant women in both San Francisco and her former hometown of London, England. She prides herself on being able to create a comfortable relaxed environment for her subjects and in making her sessions fun and enjoyable for all.
**no longer shooting with us**
Read "about us" section for return and exchange policy